A Week Under Israeli Occupation
October 22, 2006
During the past week, Israel has escalated its terrorist attacks against the Palestinian people, launching daily military attacks in Gaza and the West Bank.
- On October 10, Israel launched new incursions into Palestinian territory, shooting dead a 21-year-old Palestinian in the city of Rafah, south of Gaza.
- On October 11, two Palestinian men were killed by Israeli fire in the northern Gaza Strip and the occupied West Bank.
- On October 12, Israel killed eight Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, and Israeli F-16 warplanes destroyed the house of a well-known Palestinian politician in Gaza.
- On October 13, three Palestinians were killed during an Israeli air strike in the northern town of Beit Lahiya.
- On October 14, Israel launched another incursion into Gaza, shooting dead six Palestinian fighters in the north. Over two dozen Palestinians were reported wounded in three days of fighting.
- On October 17, three Palestinians were killed by Israeli army fire in northern West Bank.
- On October 18, Israeli soldiers shot and killed at least two Palestinians in a gun battle in the occupied West Bank.